Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pg_restore fails with a custom backup file
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 02:09:41PM +0900, Yoshiyuki Asaba wrote:

> > > Does not compile on my MinGW - errors in the system headers (unistd.h,
> > > io.h) due to changing the argument format for chsize(). The change of
> > > off_t propagated into parts of the system headers, thus chaos was
> > > ensured.
> > >
> > > I still think we need to use a pgoff_t. Will look at combining these two
> > > approaches.
> >
> > Here's a patch that tries this.
> > *needs more testing*. But built with this patch, I can dump and
> > restore a table at the end of a 10gb database without errors.
>
> I tried the attached patch. But I got the following error.
>
> pg_backup_archiver.o(.text+0x1fa4): In function `allocAH':
> C:/msys/1.0/home/y-asaba/postgresql-8.2.3-patch/src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c:1580: undefined reference to
`fseeko64'
> make[3]: *** [pg_dump] Error 1
>
>   $ uname -sr
>   MINGW32_NT-5.1 1.0.10(0.46/3/2)
>
> Is MINGW version too old?

I think so. It seems this was added in version 1.24 of stdio.h in mingw
(http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/mingw/include/stdio.h?cvsroot=src).
Could you try upgrading mingw and see if that helps? Or possibly
instlaling side-by-side a different version (if they even allow that)?

//Magnus