Re: database design ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Noel Faux
Subject Re: database design ...
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Have you added the ability to store reservations, if a book is out.  Maybe
having a table for this,

requests/reservations
id pk
user_id fk
item_id fk
date_requested (so that the first person on the list for this book is
notified)

Also, I'll assume there is more than one book per title, thus having two
tables for the this relationship

Sock table as you have

than an
item table
id pk (say the barcode)
stock_id fk

This reduces redundancy for stock and make updates/alters easy.

pk - primary key
fk - foreign key

Cheers
Noel