RE : Re: database design ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Desmond Coughlan
Subject RE : Re: database design ...
Date
List pgsql-general

Thanks.  The main uses will be ..

1. available on www to query catalogue (open to everyone)
2 avail. from the web for teachers and students to check their library account (necessitates an account)
3. available in the library itself both on a web interface (to allow the librarian to check records, add/remove stock etc and to allow people physically present in the library to do 1 and 2 above), and on the barcode reader, for loans and returns.

I've modified a .sql file already found somewhere in an install's source doc... this is it..

It's not much for the moment, but any tips?

D.

Ben <bench@silentmedia.com> a écrit :
It depends how you plan to use it?

Maybe a helpful excercise for you to go through is to come up with some
use cases and see if you are storing all the data you'll need in a way
that makes it easy for you to use.