Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 01:38:30PM -0200, Jorge Godoy wrote:
> Chris Mair <chrisnospam@1006.org> writes:
>
> > Just say
> >     create index testing123_index on testing.testing123 (otherthing);
> > and you'll otain exactly what you want (see below).
> >
> > Bye, Chris.
>
> I know I can workaround such debilitation.  What I wanted to know is if
> there's some reason (such as performance gain, for example) for that
> decision.

I think his point was that the index is always in the same schema as
the table itself. It states this quite clearly in the documentation. So
what exactly is the debilitation? It seems to be doing exactly what you
want.

Have a nice day,
> From each according to his ability. To each according to his ability to litigate.

Attachment