Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Godoy
Subject Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema other than public?
Date
Re: Why isn't it allowed to create an index in a schema
List pgsql-general
Chris Mair <chrisnospam@1006.org> writes:

> Just say
>     create index testing123_index on testing.testing123 (otherthing);
> and you'll otain exactly what you want (see below).
>
> Bye, Chris.

I know I can workaround such debilitation.  What I wanted to know is if
there's some reason (such as performance gain, for example) for that
decision.

Using this approach, though, doesn't group all items that belong to a schema
inside of it.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>