Re: PostgreSQL rebranding

From: Robert Treat
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL rebranding
Date: ,
Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen")
Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian)
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen", )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen", )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ned Lilly, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (David Fetter, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Bernier, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (mdean, )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Bernier, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Neil Conway, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Andreas Pflug, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
       Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Josh Berkus, )
        Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
        Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
         Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Liam O'Duibhir", )

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 03:46, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am collecting a list of PostgreSQL rebrands.
>
> So far I have the following:
>
> Illustra, EnterpriseDB, Bizgres, BizgresMPP, Mammoth, Red Hat Database,
> Netezza, parACCEL

Are you looking for PostgreSQL rebrands or POSTGRES (a la Berkely) re-brands?
AIUI Illustra is the latter but not the former.

> I will also try to find out during what time these were offered, the
> company that was behind this offering, the license (BSD, proprietary
> etc.) and to what extend the changes made it back into the PostgreSQL
> tree (none, partially, full).
>
> So throw me whatever names you remember and I will try to research them.
> Of course I would not mind if you can provide links to get the above
> information as well.

Powergres is/was offered by SRA as a commercial, threaded windows version of
PostgreSQL.  Also NuSphere/Peerdirect released a windows version of
PostgreSQL that iirc was called UltraSQL.  There was also "Pervasive
Postgres" which was recently offered by Pervasive.  I don't recall if Great
Bridge had such a repackaging, but someone else could probably chime in on
that. HTH.

--
Robert Treat