Re: PostgreSQL rebranding

From: Bruce Momjian
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL rebranding
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen", )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Lamar Owen", )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ned Lilly, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Josh Berkus, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Treat, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Alvaro Herrera, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (David Fetter, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (elein, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Bernier, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (mdean, )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Robert Bernier, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Neil Conway, )
  Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Andreas Pflug, )
   Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
    Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
     Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
      Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
       Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Josh Berkus, )
        Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
       Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
        Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Lukas Kahwe Smith, )
         Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  (Bruce Momjian, )
 Re: PostgreSQL rebranding  ("Liam O'Duibhir", )

Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 August 2006 03:46, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am collecting a list of PostgreSQL rebrands.
> >
> > So far I have the following:
> >
> > Illustra, EnterpriseDB, Bizgres, BizgresMPP, Mammoth, Red Hat Database,
> > Netezza, parACCEL
> >

> Are you looking for PostgreSQL rebrands or POSTGRES (a la Berkely) re-brands?
> AIUI Illustra is the latter but not the former.
>
> > I will also try to find out during what time these were offered, the
> > company that was behind this offering, the license (BSD, proprietary
> > etc.) and to what extend the changes made it back into the PostgreSQL
> > tree (none, partially, full).
> >
> > So throw me whatever names you remember and I will try to research them.
> > Of course I would not mind if you can provide links to get the above
> > information as well.
> >

> Powergres is/was offered by SRA as a commercial, threaded windows version of
> PostgreSQL.  Also NuSphere/Peerdirect released a windows version of

Yes, called Powergres.

--
  Bruce Momjian