Can't see what's wrong with this function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bjørn T Johansen
Subject Can't see what's wrong with this function?
Date
List pgsql-general
I am trying to create a function but I don't get further than this and something is already wrong...
The function so far look like this..:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION getNettoHastighet (INTEGER) RETURNS INTEGER AS '
DECLARE
    ordreid_val ALIAS FOR $1;
    tmprec RECORD;
    opplag integer;
    total bigint;
    total_hour float;
    hastighet integer;
BEGIN
    select into tmprec (extract(epoch from sum(Til - Fra)) * 1000.0) as total from Log_stop where OrdreID = ordreid_val
andStopType = 1;
    total := tmprec.total;
    return 0;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

I get the following error if I try to create the function..:

 [Error Code: 0, SQL State: 42601]  ERROR: syntax error at or near "$1"

Any hints on what's wrong?

Regards,

BTJ

Bjørn T Johansen

btj@havleik.no
Someone wrote:
"I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange Satanic messages"
To which someone replied: