Re: Can't see what's wrong with this function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Can't see what's wrong with this function?
Date
List pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F8rn?= T Johansen <btj@havleik.no> writes:
> I am trying to create a function but I don't get further than this and something is already wrong...
> The function so far look like this..:

> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION getNettoHastighet (INTEGER) RETURNS INTEGER AS '
> DECLARE
>     total bigint;
> BEGIN
>     select into tmprec (extract(epoch from sum(Til - Fra)) * 1000.0) as total from Log_stop where OrdreID =
ordreid_valand StopType = 1;

Don't use plpgsql variable names that conflict with names you use in
your queries.  In this case it's trying to replace "AS total" with
a reference to that plpgsql variable named total.

            regards, tom lane