Re: Optimal Postgres Development Process, Software - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Roger Rasmussen
Subject Re: Optimal Postgres Development Process, Software
Date
Re: Optimal Postgres Development Process, Software  (Glenn Davy <glenn@tangelosoftware.net>)
List pgsql-novice
operationsengineer wrote:
> i think converting Access to a front end for PGSQL is
> a great idea - then you can focus your energy learning
> to administer PGSQL and spend some down time reading
> up on and evaluating languages.

I think a variation on this theme will work well. I will start coding the backend of a small database (e.g. stockroom)
withpostgres, to learn how it works. At the moment I am a bit scared at the magnitude of the task, so a small database
willgive me opportunity to experiment with types etc. As I have questions, I will ask here.

I will then experiment with various front ends. One of which will be dabo, as Glenn suggests. Meanwhile maybe someone
herewill offer up a holy grail I hadn't thought of.

If nothing else is suitable, I will continue with access - either 97 or 2003. I do like the pivot table/chart feature
thatit has, that functionality would be excellent for dabo to emulate.

Thanks for all the help, and if anyone has more thoughts on this topic I am all ears. I think I will formulate some
questionsas to the first part of my project in another email.

Cheers,
pgsqln00b