Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Dave Cramer wrote:
> >> Bind also has a statement name, as well as a portal name ?
> >>
> >> Ideally I'd like to see the parameters which were bound and the
> >> types, but I suspect I'm reaching here.
>
> > Right, but do we want to repeat the statement for every bind case?
>
> My upthread proposal was to print the statement and portal names
> at bind time.  The current printout is very clearly inadequate.

Sure, I can do that.

Did you like my idea of?

    statement:  <protocol execute> ...

You didn't reply.  I want to keep the "statement:" prefix for scripts
that process our log files, and because it is output by log_statement,
which controls protocol output as well.

> > The bind parameter printing is on the TODO list.
>
> Yeah, that one's a bit harder to fix :-(  It would be relatively
> easy for the case of parameters supplied in text form, but I'm
> not sure about binary values.  Is JDBC doing anything with binary
> parameter transmission yet?

Should we just output text if we have it?  How do we know if they
parameters are text?  The data type?

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us