Re: url for TODO item, is it right? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: url for TODO item, is it right?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> > On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 12:25:09AM -0500, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> >> i found this on the Monitoring section:
> >> o Allow protocol-level BIND parameter values to be logged
> >> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00165.php
> >>
> >> But i don't understand why that thread is related to the TODO item,
> >> i'm missing something?
>
> > Possibly the message renumbering that Tom griped about:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2006-07/msg00061.php
>
> Yeah.  I think the TODO item is intended to point to what is now
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg00163.php
> or one of the earlier messages in that thread.
>
> Perhaps when Bruce realizes he needs to recheck every link in the
> TODO files, he'll get on the warpath with me ;-)

(Sorry, just catching up on this issue.)

Yes, I can fix the TODO item URLs, but many email messages reference
URLs themselves:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-06/msg00096.php

The URL in the email actually works, but I am sure others do not.
Because we don't have control over the email contents (think Google), I
don't think we can renumber old email items without a continual stream
of complaints from users.