Re: SO_SNDBUF size is small on win32? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: SO_SNDBUF size is small on win32?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 12:23:13AM +0900, Yoshiyuki Asaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see a performance issue on win32. This problem is causes by the
> following URL.

> On win32, default SO_SNDBUF value is 8192 bytes. And libpq's buffer is
> 8192 too.

Ok, so there's a difficiency in Windows TCP code. Do you have any
benchmarks to show this actually makes a difference. According to the
URL you give, the problem occurs if the libpq buffer is *bigger* than
the socket buffer, which it isn't...

Have a nice day,