Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:58:27AM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> rama krishna wrote:
> >  2)I need to perform some action in database before it shutting down
> > or before booting of my server.What to do for this situation
>
> Such a thing doesn't exist in PostgreSQL.  You may be able to do this
> with an external tool, but offhand I can't imagine how.

A command (psql or otherwise) in PostgreSQL's startup/shutdown
script might work if that script is run at the required times
(automatically during boot and shutdown and manually whenever you
start and stop the database yourself).

--
Michael Fuhr