Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in pgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
rama krishna wrote:
> 1)I need to insert the files in database .So what i have to give the
> data type for that field while creating the table.

bytea -- Look into the documentation for encoding and other handling
issues.

>  2)I need to perform some action in database before it shutting down
> or before booting of my server.What to do for this situation

Such a thing doesn't exist in PostgreSQL.  You may be able to do this
with an external tool, but offhand I can't imagine how.

--
Peter Eisentraut