Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in - Mailing list pgsql-general

From SCassidy@overlandstorage.com
Subject Re: what is the data type for files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg) in
Date
List pgsql-general
For item (2), couldn't you modify the existing
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d/K15postgresql, /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/K15postgresql, or whatever
script(s), or add another script in the /etc/rc.d/rc*.d directories to be
run just prior to shutting down the database?  Of course, this would only
work if the system was taken down in an orderly fashion.

Susan

                           rama krishna

                      <arkr505@gmail.com>            To:       pgsql-general@postgresql.org

                           Sent by:                  cc:

                                                     Subject:  [GENERAL] what is the data type for
files(.txt,.doc,.jpeg)in pgsql

                      pgsql-general-owner@pos         |-------------------|

                      tgresql.org                     | [ ] Expand Groups |

                           02/06/2006 07:35

                      PM

1)I need to insert the files in database .So what i have to give the
data type for that field while creating the table.

  And how to insert  and select the file from the database.

 2)I need to perform some action in database before it shutting down
or before booting of my server.What to do for this situation

Simply protected storage solutions ensure that your information is
automatically safe, readily available and always there, visit us at http://www.overlandstorage.com