Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
[Please post in plain text, not HTML.]

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 02:12:51AM +0000, Omar Zevallos wrote:
> Hi, I have installed PostgreSQL 8.1 for windows, this version comes
> with PostGIS? becouse I have an application that uses a postgreSQL
> database and when I execute it, it raises an exception:
>
> "function postgis_version() does not exist"

Standard PostgreSQL installations don't come with PostGIS, although
somebody might have created a package that bundles them together.
Where did you get PostgreSQL?

> I supposed that the installers of this version of PostgreSQL came
> already with PostGIS because I get insert geographic data a table that
> I created.

What exactly are you doing?  PostgreSQL has its own geometric types
that are different than the PostGIS types -- are you sure you're
not confusing them?

--
Michael Fuhr