Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Omar Zevallos
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 8.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi, I see, I was confusing the data types. But, How I make to install PostGIS in Win2000 Pro?
I was reading the aid to install PostGIS and it says that I must install CygWin, when installing it and to run
./configure,say:
"no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH"
help please...

From:  Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>To:  Omar Zevallos
<omzeta@hotmail.com>CC:  pgsql-novice@postgresql.orgSubject:  Re:[NOVICE] PostgreSQL
8.1Date:  Thu,5 Jan 2006 20:52:33 -0700>[Please post in plain text, not HTML.]>>On Fri, Jan 06, 2006
at02:12:51AM +0000, Omar Zevallos wrote:> > Hi, I have installed PostgreSQL 8.1 for windows, this version
comes>> with PostGIS? becouse I have an application that uses a postgreSQL> > database and when I execute
it,it raises an exception:> >> > "function postgis_version() does not exist">>Standard PostgreSQL
installationsdon't come with PostGIS, although>somebody might have created a package that bundles them
together.>Where
did you get PostgreSQL?>> > I supposed that the installers of this version of PostgreSQL came> > already
withPostGIS because I get insert geographic data a table that> > I created.>>What exactly are you
doing?  PostgreSQLhas its own geometric types>that are different than the PostGIS types -- are you sure
you're>notconfusing them?>>-->Michael Fuhr>>---------------------------(end of
broadcast)--------------------------->TIP4: Have you searched our list
archives?>>                http://archives.postgresql.org