PostgreSQL 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Omar Zevallos
Subject PostgreSQL 8.1
Date
List pgsql-novice
Hi, I have installed PostgreSQL 8.1 for windows, this version comes with PostGIS? becouse I have an application that
usesa postgreSQL database and when I execute it, it raises an exception:
"function postgis_version() does not exist"
I supposed that the installers of this version of PostgreSQL came already with PostGIS because I get insert
geographicdata a table that I created.
Regards.

From:  <operationsengineer1@yahoo.com>To:  Omar Zevallos <omzeta@hotmail.com>,
pgsql-novice@postgresql.orgSubject:  Re:[NOVICE] relations in PostgreSQL 8.1Date:  Wed, 7 Dec 2005
09:35:05-0800 (PST)>--- Omar Zevallos <omzeta@hotmail.com> wrote:>>--------------------------------->
>>Hi there, I am working with postgreSQL 8.1, postGIS>and pgAdmin> >> III. I am creating a
geodatabaseand I am novice in>this tools,> >> How I relationship my tables? there is some model?>
>>Regards.>>one table has a primary (unique) key which is inserted>into the foreign key link in a
relatedtable.>>Omar, examples tend to be the easiest way to learn.>how about you give
example tables that you want to>relate and then i, or someone else here, can show you>how to relate the
table?>>>>__________________________________________>Yahoo!DSL – Something to write home about.>Just
$16.99/mo.or less.>dsl.yahoo.com>>>---------------------------(end of
broadcast)--------------------------->TIP2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster