Re: Best way to manage users - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject Re: Best way to manage users
Date
List pgsql-novice
--- Kevin Crenshaw <kcrenshaw@viscient.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate the advice.
> However, I think that a
> better way to pose my question is to ask - what are
> the pros and cons of
> using Postgres to handle user authentication for my
> web app?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

on a side note, remember to encrypt confidential
information (eg, passwords) as opposed to storing the
information in human readable format.  some pretty
high profile companies have been "lost" hardware with
unencrypted data...  like names and social security
numbers...

i use php and i need a user authentication system.
i've been stuck on this for a while, but i haven't
gone at it 100% either.

i'm going to use php to code the authentication logic
and will draw on data from pgsql.

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com