Re: List of prominent users - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: List of prominent users
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sunday 04 December 2005 21:57, Josh Berkus wrote:
> People:
> > My 2 cents... It is common practice to list customers on web sites. It's
> > also common for companies to ask to be removed. I suggest we just put up
> > the list, and take people off if they ask.
>
> Given that the reason for the list is to create postive PR for us, we
> only want to list companies who will say good things about us if
> contacted.  As such, only companies who are explicitly OK with being
> listed should be.

Here's a thought, suppose we add a small script, as part of a postgres install, that offers to send info to the
communityabout themselves and what they intend to do with it. I'm thinking something along the lines of what openoffice
does.This would probably be best implemented in a distribution (Debian, Red Hat, FreeBSD etc). We could add it to the
windowsinstall program.

Comments?