Re: [HACKERS] Should libedit be preferred to libreadline? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Should libedit be preferred to libreadline?
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I trimmed it down to:
>
>   --with-bonjour          build with Bonjour support
>   --with-openssl          build with OpenSSL support
>   --with-prefer-libedit   prefer libedit over readline
>   --without-readline      do not use Readline
>   --without-zlib          do not use Zlib

I'm concerned that this still gives nondeterministic behavior.  There's
no way to say, "I want readline, period" or "I want libedit, period".
I'd prefer simple --with-readline and --with-libedit, giving one turns
off the other, giving both is an error.

--
Peter Eisentraut