Re: Release, 3rd draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Release, 3rd draft
Date
Re: Release, 3rd draft
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim,

> If we're going to go with 2pc, it should be 2PC IMO. But I think it
> would be better to spell it out (two-phase ocmmit).

Oh, right, missed that.

> New Advanced Features, para 2:
> s#INOUT#IN/OUT#

Really?  I thought the technical term for the 3 types of params were IN,
OUT, and INOUT.

> The table partitioning section is a bit misleading in that it doesn't
> actually help with large tables, it just makes partitioning a bit more
> effective.

Suggested replacement language?

> On the BSD/GPL horse, what about...
>
> PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, which unlike GPL licensed
> software, allows use and distribution without fees for both commercial
> and non-commercial applications.

I am *NOT* picking a fight with the FSF.   Also, many people (myself
included) do not agree with MySQL's draconian interpretation of the GPL.

This would get us headlines, all right, but the wrong kind.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions