Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Enrico Weigelt
Subject Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@surnet.cl> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 02:17:47AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > * David Mitchell <david.mitchell@telogis.com> wrote:
> > > Perhaps if you are doing a lot of inserts and deletes, vacuuming every 6
> > > minutes would be closer to your mark. Try vacuuming every 15 minutes for
> > > a start and see how that affects things (you will have to do a vacuum
> > > full to get the tables back into shape after them slowing down as they
> > > have).
> >
> > hmm. I've just done vacuum full at the moment on these tables, but it
> > doesnt seem to change anything :(
>
> Maybe you need a REINDEX, if you have indexes on that table.  Try that,
> coupled with the frequent VACUUM suggestion.

I've tried it, but it doesn't seem to help :(

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
                                            http://www.fxignal.net/