Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: plain inserts and deletes very slow
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 02:17:47AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * David Mitchell <david.mitchell@telogis.com> wrote:
> > Perhaps if you are doing a lot of inserts and deletes, vacuuming every 6
> > minutes would be closer to your mark. Try vacuuming every 15 minutes for
> > a start and see how that affects things (you will have to do a vacuum
> > full to get the tables back into shape after them slowing down as they
> > have).
>
> hmm. I've just done vacuum full at the moment on these tables, but it
> doesnt seem to change anything :(

Maybe you need a REINDEX, if you have indexes on that table.  Try that,
coupled with the frequent VACUUM suggestion.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"World domination is proceeding according to plan"        (Andrew Morton)