Re: uptime function to postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: uptime function to postmaster
Date
Re: uptime function to postmaster
List pgsql-patches
Hi Bruce,

> I think we should return intervals only when we can't return
> meaningful
> timestamp values. I don't have any logic to back up that opinion,
> though.

Agreed.

> We need to preceed our function names with pg_ for cases like this
> where
> we are supplying pg-specific behavior.

Agreed.

An updated version of the patch is attached. It is just implement
'pg_start_time' function that works in multi-user and stand-alone. Docs
is attached too.

Comments?

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler[at]yahoo_com_br