Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tope Akinniyi
Subject Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date
List pgsql-general
I thank you all for throwing light on the question I
asked.

I was exchanging mails with one of the developers on
PgFoundry.  He made a comment and said

'Is anybody using PostgreSQL on Windows?'.

I began to wonder, was the Windows version a toy?

I head a software development outfit in Nigeria and
our environment in predominantly Windows.  People
using Oracle, MSSQL and the likes on Windows.  I
thought PostgreSQL would be a substitute for such
being an Open Source believer - Till now I have
deplored much of

Firebird for my clients on Windows. Well, much without
much headaches I must say.

From your views, I can conclude that I must not go
near using or deploying PostgreSQL on production
Windows servers. Thanks for that information. But I
was of the opinion that perfection comes out of
practice and that certain crashes and
experimentation(s) would lead to a better product
adaptation.

But I think Tim Allen's comment is quite unexpected
and unfortunate.

Tim Allen wrote:
>Perhaps it's a 419 :-). But if so I can't see the
catch yet - must be very subtle.

What is 419 about expressing a concern and an
interest? So because I posted from Nigeria and my view
is a bit not aligned with your own I am a fraudster?
I do not think we are in a chat room. Even if you must
joke you need to avoid sentimental words.

Thank you all. I think the matter is closed.

-------
Best regards,

Tope Akinniyi
CEO
ShepherdHill Software
Lagos, Nigeria

Do not forget: Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life.