Re: PL/PgSQL Index Usage with Trigger Variables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: PL/PgSQL Index Usage with Trigger Variables
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:46:33AM -0600, Thomas F.O'Connell wrote:

> Follow-up question: are indexes used in dynamically executed queries?
>
> Rather than SEQSCAN or INDEXSCAN in the DETAIL item, I see RESULT
> followed by a large amount of unreadable (by me) output.

Are you sure you're looking at the right DETAIL?  Adding some
RAISE INFO or RAISE DEBUG statements can help you pinpoint which
log output belongs to which part of the function.

I just wrote a test function that used EXECUTE to do an UPDATE and
a SELECT loop and saw INDEXSCAN in the relevant DETAIL sections.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/