Re: ECPG Segfaulting on EXEC SQL connect - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG Segfaulting on EXEC SQL connect
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 05:49:05PM +0100, Hans-Michael Stahl wrote:
> This also happens with Postgresql 7.4. under SUSE Linux 9.1 (kernel
> 2.6.4-52)  The last version for which embedded SQL worked well for me
> was 7.3. The same source which worked fine under 7.3 for many months
> stopped working with my switch to 7.4.2. :-(

Interesting.

> And it not only happens during connect, but also during a select. It is
> very difficult to debug, since often the stack is destroyed and a
> backtrace in gdb does not work.  From what I can see it is always
> related to calls of malloc/free/realloc issued by libpq.

I would be happy to help debugging this. But up to now I didn't even
know about this problem. Could you please send me a test case so I can
reproduce this? Also did you try using 8.0?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael at Fam-Meskes dot De