Re: PL/PgSQL Index Usage with Trigger Variables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas F.O'Connell
Subject Re: PL/PgSQL Index Usage with Trigger Variables
Date
List pgsql-general
It looks like the indexes are in fact used when trigger variables are
referenced in where clauses in PL/pgSQL. Thanks for the idea of
investigating the plans in the logs for this info.

Follow-up question: are indexes used in dynamically executed queries?

Rather than SEQSCAN or INDEXSCAN in the DETAIL item, I see RESULT
followed by a large amount of unreadable (by me) output.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect