Re: Is select a transaction starting statement? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Is select a transaction starting statement?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> In sql99 there is only <direct select statement: single row> which is
> SELECT .. INTO .. But maybe some of the other includes queries after
> 4-5 jumps or so. Or maybe they simply forgot that one. Just my luck
> to be reading sql99.

It's the same in SQL 99.  I think you missed that most of the "direct
SQL" is specified in part 5 instead of part 2.  In SQL 2003 they have
merged these parts.  The relevant section for you in SQL 99 is 4.6.3 in
part 5.

--
Peter Eisentraut