Re: Is select a transaction starting statement? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dennis Bjorklund
Subject Re: Is select a transaction starting statement?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> -- The following SQL-data statements:
>    [...]
>    <direct select statement: multiple rows>.
>    [...]
>

> The <direct select statement: multiple rows> is in time defined as
> <cursor specification>, which in turn is a <query expression>, which is
> our SELECT statement.  A lot of jumps in the grammar, but it's there.

Nice.

In sql99 there is only <direct select statement: single row> which is
SELECT .. INTO .. But maybe some of the other includes queries after 4-5
jumps or so. Or maybe they simply forgot that one. Just my luck to be
reading sql99.

Thanks.

--
/Dennis Björklund