Re: another small article - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: another small article
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I doubt it. At least if you are referring to the paragraph found at
> http://www.linux-magazin.de/Artikel/ausgabe/2004/09/zut/zut.html
> where the Fujitsu sponsoring is mentioned. Fujitsu is not a PL/Java
> sponsor.
>
> I think they sponsor the PostgreSQL JDBC driver and perhaps also the
> PL/J project.

I think they are mixing up two separate facts:

1. Fujitsu is sponsoring some PostgreSQL features that appear in 8.0.
2. Fujitsu is sponsoring some sort of Java extension.

That does not mean, of course, that a Java extension will appear in 8.0
or that, if some Java extension were to appear around the time of 8.0,
it would be the one sponsored by Fujitsu.  I can see how it can be
confusing.

--
Peter Eisentraut