Re: installation: cc and gcc how to? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert E. Bruccoleri
Subject Re: installation: cc and gcc how to?
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Nil,
    Yes, the important thing is to use the MIPS compilers, not
gcc. You have your choice of compiler environments -- I suggest using
the 64-bit compilation model (CC="cc -64") -- you can use much bigger
buffer caches that way if you have sufficient RAM. --Bob

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I am going to load postgresql 7.4 in
> Irix 6.5.20, MIPS processor
>
> Please help me out with gcc/cc idea
>
> As far as I understood, I have to use gmake (as I have
> done in all other OS) and native cc in place of gcc.
>
> As par the installation guide the command should be
> something like
> ./configure CC={cc compiler path} CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe'
>
> But I cant understand the what does the CFLAG
> parameter mean. Could u please throw some light on
> that at least it would be helpful if u specify the
> exact configure command line u have used for Irix
> 6.5.20 native c compiler.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Regards
> Nil Banerjee
>

> ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

| Robert E. Bruccoleri, Ph.D. | email: bruc@acm.org                |
| President, Congenair LLC    | URL:   http://www.congen.com/~bruc |
| P.O. Box 314                | Phone: 609 818 7251                |
| Pennington, NJ 08534        |                                    |