installation: cc and gcc how to? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nilabhra Banerjee
Subject installation: cc and gcc how to?
Date
Re: installation: cc and gcc how to?  ("Robert E. Bruccoleri" <bruc@stone.congenomics.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hello Everybody,

I am going to load postgresql 7.4 in
Irix 6.5.20, MIPS processor

Please help me out with gcc/cc idea

As far as I understood, I have to use gmake (as I have
done in all other OS) and native cc in place of gcc.

As par the installation guide the command should be
something like
./configure CC={cc compiler path} CFLAGS='-O2 -pipe'

But I cant understand the what does the CFLAG
parameter mean. Could u please throw some light on
that at least it would be helpful if u specify the
exact configure command line u have used for Irix
6.5.20 native c compiler.

Thank you,

Regards
Nil Banerjee