Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Date
Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 09:46:56AM +1200, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> >We can't actually release anything (commit the subtransactions), because
> >they may be savepoints established after that point, and they are
> >logically "inside" the previously established ones.  At RELEASE we can't
> >really release -- we just lose the name and thus the opportunity to
> >rollback to it.
>
> The 2003 draft claims that RELEASE SAVEPOINT invalidates savepoints
> subsequent to the RELEASE:

In our case, invalidating a savepoint does not mean we can release its
resources.  We can only do that if it's the latest defined savepoint.

"Cuando miro a alguien, más me atrae cómo cambia que quién es" (J. Binoche)