Re: How to add an userA to login postgresadmin - Mailing list pgsql-general

From joseph speigle
Subject Re: How to add an userA to login postgresadmin
Date
List pgsql-general
stephen,
try adding the user like you normally would.  Did you know the system users and database users are not necessarily the
sameperson?  With that in mind, after adding the user, create an alias in .bashrc like
alias psql='/usr/local/psql -U postgresadmin -d my_db_name'
Furthermore, in /home/username (that is, that user's ~ home directory) you can put a .pgpass file which contains the
passwordfor postgresadmin
HOWEVER, it would have been simpler to simply use the 'postgres' system account as it is the universal default