Re: Press Release Party - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Press Release Party
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > The difference is that we're not a real company.  That makes us
> > special. You're destroying that.
>
> How?

By trying to apply the ways one supposedly runs a company to an
open-source project.  These sort of arguments are old and boring: Some
people claimed that your source code must be secret or you can't
succeed.  Some claimed that your product plan must be secret or you
can't succeed.  Some think that security issues must be kept secret or
there will be a catastrophe.  Or some people were wondering whether
promotion activities should be kept secret for fear of someone spying.
They were all wrong, and I feel sorry for the people who think that
press releases must be secret or they will be worthless.