Re: What can we learn from MySQL? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: What can we learn from MySQL?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Alexey Borzov wrote:
> I think that PostgreSQL's "download" page should point to at least
> * Recommended replication solution (erserver?)
> * Recommended full-text search solution (tsearch?)
> * Recommended GUI / web frontend (PGAdmin / phpPgAdmin)
> * Drivers: ODBC, JDBC, whatever
> * PostGIS
> * Banners to put on the website
> * A description of what to find in the contrib dir

A couple of months ago I grew tired of having to find all the PostgreSQL
pieces all over the net, plus having to get them to get along with each
other and the rest of the system.  So I started packaging and
collecting them here: <http://www.unitedpostgresql.org/>.  It's already
saved me a bunch of time.  Feel free to take from it.