Re: Automatic language selection - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Automatic language selection
Date
List pgadmin-support
Reshat Sabiq wrote:
> Although you have a point, i still think asking for a locale provides
> advantages:
> 1. Some system locales might not be supported.

Unlikely.  pgAdmin supports more languages than any other program I
know.

> 2. Multilingual people might want to choose a locale other than their
> system locale.

Unlikely.  If that were the case, then more programs would offer that
functionality.  As it stands, pgAdmin is the only one.

> 3. Some users don't have admin privileges to change their system
> locale (schools).

vi .profile

> with only a tiny disadvantage:
> 1. Users need to click the Enter key to choose the default locale
> once when they launch it the first time (the message there could make
> it a little clearer where default is coming from). I think clicking
> Enter once is not a big deal.

Well, the other tiny disadvantage is that it makes pgAdmin look a bit
foolish.