pgAdmin - read only installation directory - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Bernhard Daubner
Subject pgAdmin - read only installation directory
Date
List pgadmin-support
I would like to use pgAdmin for a database course at our university. The  student's workstations are running Windows XP
andthe students have no

write access to the local disk.

But pgAdmin III seems to store some information at run time within the
installation directory. For example it creates a log file there. So
pgAdmin III crashes, if it can not write to the installation directory.

Is there are work around for this issue?

I tried pgAdmin III (V 1.0.2, binary release) on Windows XP
Professional, German Edition.

Best regards,

Bernhard

--