Re: OSDB.org - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: OSDB.org
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
People:

> That being said, the design sounds interesting; quite different from
> any of the other SQL databases I have seen.  The whole thing is based
> on a replication/synchronization scheme, and watching for issues of
> deadlock under conditions of particularly heavy load is likely the
> grand challenge.

I've been interested in Backplane since it was announced; it's fascinating to
see a database server based on a truly *different* concept.

I notice that OSDB seems to have a slight bias towards us.    Is someone in
our community on that project?    If not, how should we thank them?

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions