Re: A cohesive sales message - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: A cohesive sales message
Date
Re: A cohesive sales message
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> There have been people on other disks asking about getting knoppix
> flavored distros to carry postgresql for their own demonstrations, I
> think it would be great if someone could put together a distro with
> postgresql, pgadmin, pgaccess, phppgadmin, and maybe a few other tools,
> that could boot from a cd to be handed out for demonstration purposes. I
> won't pretend like it wouldn't be a good sized project to undertake.

Making a CD image wouldn't be all that hard.  I can't quite see a big enough
market for it yet, though.  People use Knoppix CDs to try out Linux without
hosing their existing OS installation, but PostgreSQL is much easier to
install.