Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing
Date
Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic Marketing  (Lamar Owen <lowen@pari.edu>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter,

> There shouldn't be any tangents or general discussion on -advocacy
> either -- that's what -general is for.  A one-time incident should not
> lead to such drastic measures.  If the marketing plan is no longer
> discussed on -advocacy, what is?

Since Monday, there have been 117 messages on Advocacy, of which about 65
consisted of tangents around copyright infringement and MySQL.  Further,
Rob's thread was diverted into a discussion of Knoppix CDs, making it
impossible for him to filter by thread.  Looking at my personal copy of the
archives, this is typical rather than exceptional behavior.

I'm not willing to exercise draconian moderation on the Advocacy list -- I'm
out of the office too much, and discussion would halt.

Since Rob is offering his company's professional services *as a donation*, he
is entitled to put conditions on that donation.   The alternative to setting
up a temporary list would be for him to deal with me only, and I don't think
you'd prefer that.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions