Re: Calendar Scripts - Quite a complex one - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Calendar Scripts - Quite a complex one
Date
List pgsql-sql
Peter,

> You can probably lift out the complete calendar functionality from an
> existing groupware solution, say, www.egroupware.org.  I'm not sure
> whether it's practical to do the calendar things in the database, since
> you will also need a significant amount of intelligence in the client
> to display reasonable calendar graphics, for instance.

But all of the appointments, holidays, etc can and should be stored in the
database, and by using function programming one can automate generating all
of the raw data for the calendar graphics.   We do this with our legal
calendaring app.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco