Re: Permissions issue? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Permissions issue?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Christopher Murtagh wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>  I'm trying to create a user without create privileges and I don't seem
> to be able to do it. I could be clueless, but after my revoke
> statements, the new user still seems to be able to create dbs, and then
> have full privileges on them. Am I missing something?
>
> Below is the output of my terminal window where I create a new user
> (which doesn't have select privileges), but even after revoke can still
> create new tables.

I think you probably want to revoke create on the public schema. Create on
databases controls the creation of schemas.
From the grant page:

CREATE

    For databases, allows new schemas to be created within the database.

    For schemas, allows new objects to be created within the schema. To
rename an existing object, you must own the object and have this privilege
for the containing schema.