Re: restore error - language "plperlu" is not trusted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: restore error - language "plperlu" is not trusted
Date
List pgsql-general
Christopher Murtagh <christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca> writes:
> [ pg_dump script failed with ]
> ERROR:  language "plperlu" is not trusted
> and it gave a line number, which contained the following:
> GRANT ALL ON LANGUAGE plperlu TO postgres WITH GRANT OPTION;

Hm.  The backend flat-out rejects all attempts at GRANT on untrusted
languages, even if you are superuser and the grantee is too.  I'm not
totally sure about the rationale for that (Peter?) but in any case
pg_dump has evidently not gotten the word.  If we think the backend's
behavior is right then we'd better change pg_dump to suppress trying
to GRANT permissions on untrusted languages.

            regards, tom lane