Re: pgAdmin web site translated into 11 languages - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: pgAdmin web site translated into 11 languages
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Le Samedi 29 Novembre 2003 15:30, Andrej Surkov a écrit :
> I have registered pgAdmin web site on russian search engine and realizes
> that there is no direct description of the software on the site main page.
> I think it is not correct and short description in few sentences should be
> published. That's just good style for respectable software and its
> presentation website. What do you think about it?

Dear Andrej,

You are right. It would be nice to agree on a "standard" description of
pgAdmin3 in a few sentences, for translation and registration on web search
engines.

[Technically, we could store these sentences in the META information of the
web site and extract them to the pgadmin_wesite.pot file for translation.]

A possible proposal:

"<a href='http://www.pgadmin.org'>pgAdmin</a> is a free software offering a
complete set of administration and development tools for PostgreSQL. The
software offers a very intuitive graphical interface running under multiple
platforms including MS Windows, GNU/Linux and FreeBSD. pgAdmin Project is a
collaborative project including hundreds of volunteers."

Can we all discuss a standard text? We should be quite carefull as the text
could be publised on dozen of sites. I will be away for the week-end.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel