Re: v1.0.2 Build - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: v1.0.2 Build
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

Thanks :-) BTW, I stripped out all the non-debian snapshots the other day. Can you try to keep it down to a week or
so'sworth please (assuming you're not already)?

Amongst other things it looks like I will be moving cvs and snake shortly so I want to minimise the amount of data I
haveto move around.

For those interested, currently cvs is sharing a box with a load of work stuff, and snake is my test machine. Mark & I
arelooking to build a dedicate development box in one of our racks. This will host the pgAdmin stuff and other projects
wework on in UML virtual machines. This also means of course, that we can run multiple linux distros on the same box.
Oncethis is done, Snake will become my text box again, following an upgrade to an Athlon 64 :-)

> As for the first maintenance release, I had to take the
> snapshot's configure script and change the version in it to
> get the build ok. The benefit of this (with some other tricks
> added to the build process) is that SSL menus are ok on debian.

I did it the other way for Slackware. Monolithic wx build, and hack src/Makefile.

> <joke>
> Another thing, Andreas, I loved your song! You are da'new Pop
> Star :) What do you think of this for the chorus (you should
> try to sing it on "No more pain" song from someone I can't
> remember its name [fugees
> maybe?]):

Heard a rumour on the radio today that Wyclef and Lauryn are reforming the band without Pras...

Not that I'm a massive fan, just thought I'd mention it!

Regards, Dave.