Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: fix log_min_duration_statement logic error
Date
List pgsql-patches
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > > It is pretty easy to continue pulling lines after the 'duration' hit to
> > > see the full query, perhap using awk, or even grep with a + arg.  I just
> > > don't see why we should make it harder for folks by splitting it over
> > > several lines.
> >
> > Somehow I fail to see how that's a consistent position.
>
> It is easier than making things split across lines.  It is a common
> request so I want to make it as easy as possible --- that seems
> consistent.  If you can think of a way to make it even easier, please
> let me know.
>
> I have not heard from you why we should make it harder (split across two
> lines), except for consistency with log_statement and log_duration
> outputs.

Also, now that you mention queries output as multiple lines:

    LOG:  duration: 3.938 ms; select *
    from pg_language;

Should we instead convert newlines to "\n" and output the query as a
single line?  Do we have lots of other multi-line outputs in the log
files?